1 hour for polenta +
30 minutes for vegetables
For the vegetable garden
- Take the potatoes and after having cut them into cubes, steam them (alternatively you can cut them into cubes and boil them)
- Cut the onions and, after having cut them, brown them with oil
- In a separate pan, after having cut the diced peppers, sauté them in oil with a clove of garlic. Once cooked salt them
- Do the same with the other vegetables (including potatoes)
- As the vegetables are cooked, put them in a pan
- Skip them one last time all together adding the basil coarsely chopped with your hands.
For the polentina
- Take the water and salt it. Bring it to a boil
- Pour the flour into the mixture and in the meantime mix it with a wooden spoon so that it does not form lumps
- Continue cooking for about an hour, stirring frequently
- Once you have obtained your polenta, put it in a pyrex and let it cool
- Once cold, cut your slices of polenta and sauté in the oil so as to grill them
- All that remains is to serve. Take the slices of polenta that you have previously grilled and place on top a generous spoonful of vegetables.